Sugar Addicts Showcase Sunday.

Good Morning Sugar Addicts. I'm back today for showcase Sunday. I love to look through blog land to see who I can ask to be in the spotlight, and this week I have a lovely lady called Janette.
In her own words:


Hi I'm Janette. I'm a fifty something Mum to three now grown up children, Lee 35 this time, Carla 32 and Graham 31,and Nanna to three gorgeous,yummy Grandkids, Mia 8 next month, Lucas 5 and Kaleb also five, and I adore them all, family matters most for me.I am very happily on my own now and you can slap me if I ever say the words...'I met someone'...lol...
I have been interested in all forms of crafting since my Grandmother taught me to crochet as a child, but had never done anything to do with card making, thought because I couldn't draw or paint what was the point......
After my Mum died, I  was very lost, I remember seeing a card kit of some kind and buying it, not sure if it was something to do with Carla now...anyway,on the back was the name of a forum and I had a look, that's how I got hooked, and how I made a lot of friends too.. I have to say a lot of my cards were shocking looking back, I seriously hope they have improved and I'm not kidding myself...lol...It was one of these friends,(Aunty Sue) that encouraged me to have a Blog,and I just love it so much, I can't believe how brilliant everyone is, so helpful and friendly, if I can't get online for a day I have withdrawals..lol..
I am also now on a Design Team for CraftyCatz which I am enjoying very much, they're a lovely bunch of girls..I can't think of anything nicer, than retreating to my little craft room and colouring an image, choosing papers, and creating something, I love making boxes too, I'll have ago at anything I suppose, and Mia is also card making mad, she just loves it. I don't have that much stash really, lots of it comes from friends, they are so very kind to me,and I have been lucky enough to win the odd Candy, all in all, crafting has given me so much, and to be spotlighted on here is the icing on the cake.

And here is the beautiful card that Janette made for me to show:



Made with the Simply Adorable image Verity. I love this layout and the colour combo.
As always I had a  good old nosey around Janette's blog to show you some more cards/projects...


This is a beautiful box that Janette made, and here's another photo of the box from a different angle...


Isn't this simply stunning? Using the image Melissa.


I adore this card too, quite clean and simple but very, very beautiful, using the image Connie.


And finally this gorgeous easel card using the image Grace. Yep, Janette has an addiction and it looks like she really loves Simply Adorable images all of which are sold as instantly downloadable digi's so no waiting for the mail man to arrive!
Please pop on over to Janette's blog and have a look for yourself, you won't be disappointed, there's a beautiful selection of cards on display.
*Thank you Janette for letting me showcase you and your beautiful cards today*

Thanks for looking.
Love Elaine xx

12 comments:

Janette said...

Wow Elaine, Thank you so very much for this, I am so thrilled, best go and tell my blogging pals...thanks again I am sooo grateful.xxx

Fiona said...

fab cards Janette.

Fi
x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Congratulations Janette
I am so pleased for you your creations are all gorgeous,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Vicky said...

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO yayyyy Janette sweetie you sooooo deserve to be here hun your cards are gorgeous & I love coming by your blog shug.
Well done hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the gentle sylishness of these & especially that first one with the stunning layout & colours. So good. I like the vintagey old world of tradition that these evoke.
Thank you so much for showing these Elaine - I'd not have found them on my own. Congratualtions also to
Janette.
Paula (PEP)

Shazza said...

what beautiful creations, off to leave her some love now x

Vicky said...

Wow Janette....all your cards are so gorgeous hun...and so truly deserved to be spotlighted!...

hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

aw huge congrats to janette for being in the sugar nellie spotlight.absolutely beautiful cards and a really great lady too :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Fantastic work I'm very very proud of my talented mum. Well done xxxxx

tilly said...

How lovely to have your talent showcased! it is well deserved and I should know, being the recipient of some of your work!
Tilly x

Marjorie said...

Beautiful cards!!! They are gorgeous.

Kim. said...

Wow these are all stunning, great choice of images lol and beautifully embellished too.
Kim xXx