Introducing..



Hello my name is Janine, and I live in Middlesbrough with my hubbie Tony. I have one daughter called Heather who lives and works in London as an actress at the London Dungeons. I work part-time as a secretary for a fabrication company and when asked I also teach adults computer, internet and email skills.


I’ve been into arts and crafts all my life especially drawing and painting, and always have a pencil in my hand. I've tried quite a lot of different crafts over the years such as calligraphy, cross stitch, flower arranging, and even face painting. I started card-making 7 years ago after watching a few demos on TV, and from that I was inspired to make my daughter‘s 18th birthday invites; and so it began. From my small stash of one stamp, one black ink pad and some colouring pens, it's now grown into a healthy obsession. I love all aspects of card-making and my style has grown along with my skills. My particular love is stamping and colouring which I do with either my Copics or Prisma Pencils. I'm currently on 3 Design Teams – The Sugar Bowl, Sweet Stampin' and Totally Gorjuss which are all brilliant fun and keeps me on my toes. I also share my cards on my blog, DoCraft Forum, Pinterest and Twitter. I've also run a monthly craft club in my local area called ‘Chit-Chat & Craft’.





Info about my card:


My crafty blog : http://craftingcrackers.blogspot.co.uk

I made this little shaped card using a Sugar Nellie digital stamp 'A Little Bit Of Gossip' from the Return To Fairy Glen Release. I coloured her in with my copics and added a touch of glitter to her wings (a girl needs a bit of sparkle in her life). I teamed up the background paper Dovercraft's 'Garden Party' with some green and pink cardstock which I die cut into circles mats along with the image using my new Tonic layering circle dies. I then cut a small border strip using one of Joanna Sheen's Signature dies and laid my finished image on top. To soften the edge of the paper I used some Worjn Lipstick distressing ink and around the stamp I used some Turquoise pan pastel.



I just love making my own handmade flowers as they always give such a personal touch. These flowers were made using the small and medium Britannia Multi Rose Dies, Marianne Designs Swirl Rose and Tattered Lace Embellishment dies. To finish her off I added a little gem to her hair, some pearls to the flowers and a cute yellow flower button.



I hope you like my first creation for Sugar Nellie and hope to see you over in the Sugar Bowl challenge very soon.



Hugs x Janine x




2 comments:

Sharon said...

Congrats Janine. How awesome to be on the SN DT...wow! Beautiful card. Love these images. hugs Sharon x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous card Janine. Love those fairies, they're just so enchanting. Looking forward to your 2014 makes! Hugs, Wends x