Could you design a stamp?

You may know that this year we plan to have a fundraising promotions for Cancer Research UK Its a girl thing, breast cancer fundraiser.

The main part of our fund raising will be done with a selection of specially designed limited edition stamps donated by our illustrators and maybe by you too :)

Today I am asking if you would like to design a stamp for this cause. There is no brief other than it needs to be original work. If this is something that you feel you would like to support, please send a 300 dpi jpeg of your work to info@sugarnellie.com. (this will not be used without your permission) All artists will be emailed direct and we can take it from there.

I know that this fundraiser will only be small in the grand scheme of things but in an industry full of women, mothers, daughter, wife's and sisters, I choose to do what I can no matter how small to help the cause, and I know that with your help, this will be a great bonding of women with the same aim and goal. It's a girl thing, but men are invited to send in designs too.

Take care and believe that as we approach Mothering Sunday here in the UK, that one day there will be a cure and for all the Mothers and Daughters in the world it will be one step nearer that day.

16 comments:

MicheleP said...

a great cause to fund raise for Karen. I will support your campaign all I can - unfortunately I can't draw a straight line with a ruler so designing a stamp would be beyond me lol. Hope you gets lots of support Mxx

Gayle said...

It's a great cause, well done for championing it!
As for drawing, maybe you could ask my three year old...she is far better than I!!!
No kidding...and I won the prize for art at school year after year. dunno what they were thinking!
Have a good Mothers Day weekend..
Luv'n'Hugs
Gayle x

Teresa aka Tess said...

Kudos for doing this, every bit helps.

Littleminx said...

what a great idea although my participation will have to be limited to buying as my drawing skills leav much to be desired.

angeljakki said...

I wish I could draw as this is such a great cause x x x

Andie's Space said...

What a fabulous idea. I'm sure everybody will get behind this & you will raise loads of money. Personally I don't think I could manage much more than a swirl!However, I am very good at buying & that is just as important!! Good luck with this very worthwhile venture.
Regards,
Andrea xx

Carol Ann said...

This is a brilliant idea. Personally I am not an artist and doubt I could come up with anything good enough to be made into a stamp, however I might have a go at it to see what I can come up with. I may not manage a stamp but I will support any stamp which you bring out specifically for this venture (of course I will buy the odd nellie stamp in the mean time too :) ) x

Wilma said...

Fantastic idea and very worthwhile - who is it that says ''every little helps ''!

Elaine said...

It's a wonderful idea, and I'm sure all the Sugar addicts will do their best to support such a good cause which, sadly, affects so many lives.
Bravo to you!
Love
Elaine x

Unknown said...

How soon do you need them in?

Annita said...

very exciting. and a wonderful cause to support.
I can't draw, except a stick figure ;-)
I will be looking forward to see what everyone comes up with.

Tiets said...

a great cause to fund raise!!
Hugs Tiets

curlywhiskersandtwitchingnoses said...

I entirely support this campaign and pray we one day will not fear the word Cancer as we have for so many generations. Can I point out though that Men get breast cancer too and whomever the sufferer the whole family is a victim too-husbands, Dads, sons, boyfriends and so forth shouldn't be forgotton. It's not a 'girl thing' it's an everyone thing sadly-breast cancer doesn't confine it's wrath to only one gender alas. I appreciate the campaign is thus named (and it's unfortunate in my view) but hope it's Ok to clarify the issue on here, after all the more who fight it, men, women and children the stronger we are. Thank you. Jennie

Marie Rayner said...

Wonderful idea. My mother is a breast cancer survivor and I would like to support this cause in any way I can. I have sent you my design.

Wiccababe said...

well I would love to have a bash at this - will need to find some time and fiddle around with some sketches, might come to nothing, but I'll try my best

Wiccababe said...

ok I've had a bash at it - and have sent you 2 sketches