moving on.....


2009 was the year of Sugar Nellie, becoming a member company on Split Coast Stampers opened a lot of new doors for us, the addition of new named artists including Mary , Leanne and Suzanne increased our range of styles. Mark took over the running of Funkykits full time and with Kate running the store, it left myself to do office work, legal stuff and all the rest of the things that our lovely goverment bestows on small businesses these days.

I am fortunate to work close with the girls at Craft Stamper and with it being the only stamping mag in the UK and having been around for as long as I can remember, its a solid publication with a wide variety of styles covered in it's features. Marlene, Judy, Erika and Sarah have all had amazing features in CS with Sugar Nellie stamps. I have to pinch myself sometimes when I open a mag and see our cute stamps being featured, we realy did start as a "kitchen sink" business, with family and friends all cutting up rubber to help out at busy times.
Summer of 2009 was highlighted by a trip to CHA in Orlando where we rubbed shoulders with the celebs in this industry, I was surprised when Mr Copic's knew who we were! We met the gang from SCS who were a delight. The girls had a blast and it was a week that we will all remember for every, the stuff that memories are made of, luv you girls, is that wrong?

Scotland does not boast many rubber stamp companies, I can think of only two others. Stamping has changed a lot since I took up cardmaking over 10 years ago with a little craft group at the near by RAF camp. Where will it take us next, the simple answer to that is ...................I do not know!

Karen

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen, you have done so well, you know I am an avid fan and will continue to be, I have sent so many friends and fellow stamp fans to your shop in both Elgin and on line, (was told last night it was time I was on Commission for all the people I have sent to you).
Just really wanted to say a huge WELL DONE and please keep up the fantastic work and service.

Lots of Hugs, see you soon hopefully

Fiona xxxxxxxxxx

Annie said...

Beautiful card - one of my favourite stamps.
Good luck in 2010 - may your fabulous stamps continue.
Ann xxx

Gayle said...

Hmn....

It was a FANTASTIC trip Mum!!!

Where we going next???

If you schedule it for about ten years time I should have saved enough money again...

Lurves ya (nah it's not WRRRROOONNNGGG!!!!)

G x

Ali Watson said...

You will continue to go from strength to strength Karen as your hard work and dedication has already shown. Keep up the fabulous work, hugs Ali x

Wiccababe said...

2009 is the year I discovered SN - and it's the reason I got so hooked on stamping and my promarkers
You've come a long way in a short time Karen - onward and upward quine, we're right behind you ;)
And I've done something for the golden oldie comp, just need to get it photographed in daylight
Debz
xx

Linda said...

Karen, as quite a newbie to the land of Sugar Nellie, it`s been really interesting to read all about how you started up the business. I met you one day at the Pepterie in Stoneywood not so long ago with No other than Fiona!! Yes she has introduced a lot of us into the Sugar Nellie world. LOL!!
As yet I haven`t made it to the shop in Elgin but hope to rectify that soon with of course Fiona in toe!! Congratulations on such a wonderful business and long may it continue to grow.
Hope to meet you soon
Linda

Sandra said...

Hello,
it´s a nice and beautyful card.
Paula

Ruthie said...

I am just loving this series of posts! Thanks so much for sharing as I am a newer crafter! I recently won a stamp in a candy and it was one of your older ones with the adoption certificate - have also bought a few newer ones!

thanks again for your posts - loving em!

Rx