Organized mess



OK so this is my mess, a  table in the spare room, I can call it a spare room because its not in use since Debbie moved to Glasgow two years ago. It's now just another room that's full of junk, oopp sorry, I mean things we no longer need but are too expensive, sentimental or bulky to get rid of. My dream is to turn this room into a proper craft room but It's never going to be done as I spend all my free time downstairs on the sofa with my lap top! If there were to be  power cut I would be so lost I would surprise myself by getting around to all doing all those jobs that need doing, does that sound familiar?

In resent years I have spent a lot on rubber stamps, yes I am a stamp tart, infact I am worse than that, I am  a snobby stamp tart! I like my stamps to be quality rather than quantity, good brand names that you will all know
10 years ago it was all PSX and HeroArts
Then cute kids came on the secen and we discovered Magnolia & Stampin Bella in 2007, I have a box especially for these.
Sugar Nellie was born 2007 and I took a few home ;)
A visit to Sweden 2008 boosted by Hanglar Stanglar collection and this year 2010 ebay has seen a lot of my pennies for more Hanlars
CCdesigns and The Greeting Farm  have a  little space on my table too.
What I do miss out on are the sentiments, Hero Arts do a few sheets and Personal Impressions have some great value clear stamps that are always usable at £4.99 a set.

Rubber Rubber and a little bit of clear, but no wood mounted any more, those days are gone for me.
Buttons, ribbons,punches, bling and flowers, along with a couple of boxes of brads and charms.
A few boxes of 12" papers and pads, I prefer 6" when it comes to pads but sometimes need the bigger size for boxes.

A score board, cutters large and small and a few ink pads.
My couring choice is Prisma, Pro markers and Copics.
For cutting tools I have a cuttle bug, I did have a big shot once upon a time but there is not much in it between those two.
Somewhere in the mess is a Cricut and if only I could find the cart to go in them........

My biggest waste of money..................only my opinion..............craft robo.
I can't use it and don't have the time to learn.
All in all, after 10 years I don't have as much as some crafter's but then again, I don't get the time to
craft as much as I would like. But there is something about a craft shop, I just cant walk past without going in to see whats new...........
Karen

7 comments:

Milla said...

Oh, it's fun too see others' craft tables - and it's comforting, too, as it seems that I'm not the only messy one! ;) We moved houses a few months ago and I got myself a big craft table (before I used to craft on the kitchen table... not a good place to craft, let me tell you). I was over the moon as I thought I'd have more table space for crafting but as it turns out I just have more room for mess! :D But then again, don't they say that a messy table equals a clear mind..? ;D

Pop's Cards said...

My desk is like this all the time, i move from one thing to another and very rarely do i start a card and finish it all in one day...

Hugs Pops x

Teri said...

That mess isn't too bad hun! You should see mine! LOL
I'm lucky though, I only have one box for rubbah, as I use mostly digi's, and then they are my own anyway.
You do NOT want to see underneath my desk though - so many boxes full of craft stuff I don't use much, and full of cards I can't find a use for either! Think I'll have to start sending them to charity or something. . .
Hope your school holidays are going well so far. Just about ready to kill my kids, and another five weeks or so to go yet!
Hugs,
Teri xx

Annie said...

ooooooooooh eck think I'm I am 'a snobby stamp tart' too - your story sounds so familiar.
My latest rubber fetish are Sweet Pea stamps but there are not many of the really good companies that I can resist.
Like you I don't look at wood mounted these days but I'm not unmounting the ones I've got.
Ann xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

My theory from yesterday still holds - even more so now I've seen this.
Take care
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Random Acts of Krafting said...

The desk looks familiar! And I too can't help going into craft shops, just to see "What's New".

Hugs
Tanya

Juls said...

so fabulous to see your crafty space!!! good to see that it is just as clutterd as mine! TFS hugs Juls