bring it to the point


Hello Sugar Nellie fans!
This is Kathrin today, sharing a new card with you.


A few days ago I have been hopping around in the world wide web - and stumbled upon a card featuring "pointillism". The stamped image was just made from tiny dots - and I totally loved this style. 
I tried to get more informations online but well, there was nothing really helpful. So I just came up with my own way of doing it - having no idea if it is the right one.

I just stamped this cute image Braveheart with the lightes ink I was able to find in my stuff. Then I followed the lines with a black point tip pen, making  tiny dots. I also added more dots to the areas that I wanted to have a shadow on. 
I was a bit afraid of adding more dots - of course the image still should be able to be seen. 
Since it all looked very blank after following all the lines I used some grey chalk to add some kind of background. 
And of course black and white were also the colors of papers to pick. 

I am not absolutley sure about this one but the technique for sure is one to give another try. Maybe I will use a pen with a thicker point next time. 

Big hugs

2 comments:

Mojca said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the colors and the image. hugs! Mojca

Candy said...

Hi Kathrin,
I find this very interesting.
I think you did a great job. The extra dots really show the shadows!
Thanks for sharing this method :o)
Hugs, Candy