My First Sugar Nellie Stamp

Good morning sweeties!  Anita here today and I want to talk a little about how I first discovered the beautiful Sugar Nellie stamps.  I was doing some blog surfing in January 2011 and ran across some cards featuring the adorable images from the Simply Sassy collection.  Later that month I saw that the Simply Sassy DT was looking to add a couple of guest DT members to their team for a few months.  I never thought I had a chance of being chosen but decided to give it a try anyway.
 
I placed my order and crossed my fingers that my stamps would arrive in time to get a card made to enter their GDT call.  I stalked my mailman and then just a couple of days before the call was due to close, my stamps arrived!  I quickly made a card and submitted it.  I was over the moon when Maria Therese and Karen chose me as one of their lucky guests!  Several months later one of their DT members stepped down and I was invited back as a permanent member.  When the Simply Sassy team was no longer needed, Karen and Gayle were sweet enough to move me over to the Sugar Nellie DT.  So as you can see, the Sugar Nellie family has been very kind to me :)  


The first Sugar Nellie stamp that I colored was High School Student and I've used her again today on my card.  She's still one of my favorites!  I colored her with copics and colored pencils and added some flowers with pearls and a bow.  Did you know that the Simply Sassy Blog is still open?  It's a great place to visit for inspiration and the team members shared lots of tutorials over there too.  Be sure to check it out! 
 
I hope you've enjoyed hearing how I "discovered" the Sugar Nellie stamps.  If you would like to share, we would love to hear how you discovered them too!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day.
 
Hugs, Anita      

No comments: