Thank You...and Farewell...

Happy Wednesday, my sweet friends and fellow "sugar" lovers!! Pat Frank here once again. I am writing this post with mixed emotions. You see, I've made the very difficult decision to step down from Sugar Nellie's Design Team so that I can spend more time pursuing other expressions of art...including charcoal and watercolor portraiture.

And, since I'm going to spend more time on my art career, I thought it would be fun to share a card I created and posted last year using one of my favorite Sugar Nellie stamps!

*********
This is one of Krista Smith's "Simply Sassy" images created exclusively for Sugar Nellie. Her name is, "Artistic Goddess" . . . and I do believe she was my very FIRST "Simply Sassy" stamp. I just love her facial expression . . . and funky specs! And, ohhhh, that hair! What fun!! "Artistic Goddess" is available HERE at Funky Kits.

I colored this cutie with the following Copics:
Skin: E21, 00, 000, 0000
Cheeks: R30 & R20
Hair: E25, 23, 21, 50, 15, YR21 & 20
Eyes: G46, 43, 40
Purples: V28, 25, 22, 20, 000
Peachy pinks: R22, 20, 00, 000
 
Here's a bit of a side view . . .
I had to laugh . . . I showed my husband this card and, of course, he told me he liked it! (He's so good like that! hehehe!) Then he said, "I hope the theme isn't 'Clean & Simple', cuz if it is, you're in big trouble!" I tell ya, I was ROTFL!

My card "recipe" . . .
Creamy Caramel, Black, & Very Vanilla cardstock: Stampin' up
DPs: "Almanac Collection" by Prima
Lace, feathers, pearls, buttons, flower, Scrabble tiles, & twine: My stash
Film, hangers, & "clock die: Tim Holtz
Butterfly medallions: Bo Bunny
Mini Clips: Stampin' Up
Sentiment: Stampers Anonymous
Artist stamp (inside): 100 Proof Press
Wonky Rectangle Nesties: Spellbinders
and a few colored pencils on top of my Copics

. . . a peek at the inside . . .
And a closeup of that hilarious sentiment! I must admit, I can't disagree with it at all! LOL!
And, finally . . .
 
I am so very thankful to Karen & Gayle and all of my friends here at Sugar Nellie for giving me the opportunity to hang out with them and all of my talented DT sisters...and to play with some of the sweeeeetest "rubber" and digis out there!

So...that's it for me, kiddos! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my last Sugar Nellie DT card! Sending best wishes and big hugs...today and always!


 

5 comments:

DonnaKae said...

Good luck in your artistic endeavors. We will miss your inspiration.
cheers from Canada

Shazza said...

fabulous card Pat xxx

Julye said...

you will be missed as will your fab cards but good luck and enjoy your time with charcole.

Unknown said...

Pat, very sad to see you leave the Sugars, and I wish you well, in your Art Career hun, hope you will still have time to share...beautiful card, hun, take care, Hugs hun xxx

Sheryl said...

Hi Pat,
I feel very lucky to actually have this card! I loved it so much that I could not give it away. It's such an artistic card with so many wonderful details. I will cherish it for a long time to come! Thanks for sharing you talent!! Good luck with you other endeavors!
Hugs, Sheryl