Obsessions...

Hey there, "Sugar" lovers! Pat Frank here with my first ever "Wednesday" post!! I'm not sure if you've noticed yet, but there are some fun changes happening around here!! So be sure to come back daily to see what new and exciting stuff is going on!

Sugar Mama Gayle asked me to talk about my crafting & art obsessions today! No problemo! But first, I thought it might be fun for you to take a little walk down memory lane with me! Sooooooo...here's my first card as a Sugar Bowl DT "Sweetie"...which was created and posted 3 whole years ago...in Oct. 2010!

This quirky little digi image is called "Puppy Dog Tails." It was created by Diane Duda for Sugar Nellie...and is available HERE at Funky Kits!

Since Oct. 2010, I've been making cards and working on mastering Copic Sketch Markers...Colored Pencils...and Distress Inks!! But I wanted more, more, more!! So I decided to take a drawing class...and then another...and then another! Here are a few of my sketches...

Pears (from a photo)...

Avocados (from a magazine cover)...

Tea Kettle (from life)...

A sweet little Asian girl (from a book)...

I must admit that I thoroughly enjoy drawing! Still life drawings are fun...but my all-time favorite subjects are children...and, more specifically, our grandchildren! I love sketching our grandbabies!! Here's one I did of sweet little Isla Bleu, our youngest granddaughter...

Then...last year (2012), I decided to give painting a try! So I signed up for a Watercolor class! Watercolor...one of the most exciting, challenging, and unpredictable mediums around! And...oh, oh, ohhhh...I discovered I love watercolor! And just yesterday, I finished my first ever portrait!

Allow me to introduce Sophia Elizabeth...another one of our gorgeous granddaughters!

So...my obsession? One word...ART!! Whether it's cardmaking, drawing, or painting...I love it all! Now...how about you? What is your crafting and art obsession? Inquiring minds (like mine) want to know!

Thanks for sharing my Sugar Nellie Wednesday with me!! Be sure to stop back tomorrow for more fun!
Hugs...
 

No comments: