Strolling Down "Memory Lane"...

Hello there, m'darlings!! Pat Frank here again!! Soooo...I decided that this week I'd re-post my very first project as a Sugar Nellie Designer. This actually appeared on my blog on September 26, 2011! I had fun "reliving" the making and posting of this card! I hope you enjoy!

*********
Hey sweet friends! Welcome to the Land of Sugar! No, not because I'm so sweeeeet (although I am pretty sweet, that's true!), but because today is my very FIRST post as a Designer on Sugar Nellie's Blog!! Whoohooo!! Can ya tell...I'm a little excited?!!  (And just a bit nervous to be joining the ranks of such an amaaaazing team of talented and fun ladies!!) Soooo...for my "debut" card, I decided to ink up a new stamp called "Posy Pip" (you are soooo gonna love her!!)...


"Posy" is one of the newest "Sherbet Pips"...from the Home Grown Collection of Sugar Nellie stamps. You can find Posy and her friends (along with all kinds of Sugar Nellie deliciousness) at Funky Kits. I decided to showcase this little darlin' with one of my fave "twisted easel" style cards. You can find a great "Twisted Easel Card" tutorial by the very creative Pam Sparks HERE.


Now...I have to admit...I know less than NOTHING about flowers (except I know what a rose looks like!)...so...is Posy Pip here is supposed to be holding a potted posy? Well...not today!! Today, little Miss Posy is holding a potted SUNFLOWER!! Yep...we call that "artistic license" where I come from! hehehehe!! And since I made the flower a sunflower, I was able to use some fun Flower Soft (I believe the color is called "Nut Brown") in the center!! Kinda cute, huh? Ya can't do THAT with a posy, now, can ya? Oh, wait...maybe you can...beats me! I don't know a thing about flowers, rememba?! ROTFL! (I crack myself up!) Here's one more photo...this one is a wee bit of an "artsy" angle...


Here's my card "recipe"... 
  • Copics & Prismacolor pencils (I used so many, I lost track...sorry)
  • Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, & Not Quite Navy Cardstock from Stampin' Up
  • DPs & Baja Breeze seam binding (SU)
  • Sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps
  • Pearls are from my every growing "stash"
  • Lace and those delicious flowers (they're roses...see, I know the names of some flowers!) are from Wild Orchids Crafts...
Oh...and those faaaaabulous dies are made by Memory Box.

Okey dokey...that's it for me, my lovelies. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! I'll see you again next week! Until then...big hugs!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Pat, on being at DT at the Sugar, love this card hun, still trying to work out which stamp I bought 1st or nearly 1st for that matter, LOL xxx

Dena said...

Gorgeous then, gorgeous now! and girl, you crack me up!!!!!!!!hahaha!!! I get such a laugh reading your posts haha! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card again, it is always a joy visiting your blog!!!
Hugs, Dena