Saturday Shenanigans

Happy Easter everyone!

I do hope that you are all organised for the big ‘Egg Hunt’ tomorrow?

Of course, I realise that Easter is a spiritual celebration but, with two small (very excited) girls in my house, for them it is all about the Easter Bunny!

I confess, this year, to being a little nervous about the Easter Bunnies abilities to hide eggs in the snow, without getting his paws frostbitten.

Perhaps he will do what he used to do when I was little…..and hide them all around the house instead?

This sometimes led to melted chocolate eggs being found a couple of months later…because, of course, the silly Easter Bunny had hidden them too close to light fittings and heaters!

So, perhaps, it’ll just have to be frozen outdoor eggs this year!

Today I thought that I might do a little ‘featurette’ on one of our fabulous Design Team members, and this time around it’s


Missy Pat joined us, as a DT member, in September 2011.
Although, she had been with us for some considerable time, before that, as a Sweetie over on The Sugar Bowl.

So, let’s take a look at some of her fabulous creations…

I confess that when I saw this gorgeous card, I instantly had to rush out and buy the design paper she had used, as it is just so deliciously Spring like.

(Hello, my name is Gayle and I’m a paperaholic)

Pat has used Honey Pip here.


and a digi Daffy Pip in this gingham creation….for those who don’t know, I am OBSESSED with gingham!
Sooo perfect for a last minute Easter or Spring card, as it’s digi it’s instant.


and, she has used my ‘most favourite’ colour combination for this Babies Delight card.
I do love green and orange together, always a winner for me!


More recently, Pat has been taking some art classes herself, and she has fallen in love with our more ‘arty’ range of Leanne Ellis stamps

Which has led to some divine creations using these graceful ladies….

This one is called ‘Time Flies’ and this card is so delightfully full of little details.


Here we have If Only…..oh, ‘if only’ I could make cards as elegant as this one *sigh* Although, I do posses this stamp, that die, ‘oh’ but no papers like this…..maybe I need some???? lol


This ultra feminine card uses Belle Flower, and brings us ‘full circle’ back to my addiction for papers,,,as I think I might ‘NEED’ these too!


I'm sure you'll agree, we have one very talented (and very funny) lady in our Pat!

Just goes to show that we have a fabulous design team and a diverse range of stamps that has ‘something for everyone’!

I do hope that I’ve provided you with a little inspiration this Saturday?

If so, please feel free to show us your creations, either, on our Facebook page and in The Sugar Bowl….there’s fabulous prizes to be won!

Enjoy your weekend,,,and don’t eat too many eggs!

Luv’n’Hugs
Gayle x

3 comments:

Fiona said...

wow Gayle...what a wonderful collection of cards made by Pat...she is so talented as you say!!

Fi
x

Unknown said...

Good luck to the Easter bunny, Gayle, LOL, the Edinburgh ones, won't fair much better, poor things, love you creations Pat, and Gingham is one of my most favourite patterns xxx

Pat said...

Oh Gayle...aren't you the sweeeeetest evah!! I was so shocked to see my name and all of my little cards...talk about a blast from the past! hehe! I love each and every one of these images...and, it's so true...Sugar Nellie has stamps and digi images for every experience level, every taste, and everyONE!! Oh...and have fun hiding those eggs, sugah!! Our snow has melted...but, since it's just hubby and moi...I think we'll have our eggs in the form of omelettes...with a side of bacon!! Hop-hop-hoppy Easter, my lovelies! Hugs...Pat Frank