Simply Sassy Winter Special

Happy tuesday morning everyone!

This is Kathrin here today and I am here to share a frosty card:


The image I used for this was a special stamp that was only available with the whole set of one of the Simply Sassy releases last year. But I know many of you got it so why not use it to inspire you and to make you grab it out again?


When I colored her in I had that movie in my head: Rudolf the rednosed reindeer. Not that the way this is drawn has anything to do with this geourgeous stamp but I love how they painted the snow queen's lips blue. So I decided to do the same here and also make her lips and eyes match in color. 
The little pearls in her hair have been covered with silver Stickles. And I also used some silver glimmer paper on the card to bring the image and the card together.
I also loved this flourish die, that I got some time ago, for this card because I think it goes perfectly with the way the hair is drawn.
Originally I wanted her hair to be white/light grey but then I decided to go with a darker grey because this makes the blue of her eyes and lips pop.

To color the image in I used my Copics.

So, I hope you aren't shivering now from looking at my card - but if so it is the perfect excuse to get yourself a cup of coffee.
Have a wonderful day!


4 comments:

Shazza said...

gorgeous!!

Pat said...

oooh...I love the blue lips! What a great idea! Makes the entire work "feel" like winter! Hugs. Pat Frank

Mojca said...

Waw this is so pretty. waw! hugs! mojca

Mojca said...

Waw thank you fro such beautiful inspiration. hugs! mojca