It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...

...Toys in ev'ry store
But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
On your own front door.

I don't want to frighten you all, but it IS only 72 days to Christmas...and yes, there are toys in every store!
Does Christmas arrive earlier with every passing year or am I getting old? No need for anyone to answer that!

When do you start to make your festive cards? Are you organised and efficient, making a few cards each month to have a nice supply ready to post come the first week of December? Or are you last minute Annie...still trying to make 'just one more' on Christmas Eve?

Whilst wandering around the Sugar Bowl I found these gorgeous festive cards...


This card from Dawn really caught me eye. The colours are so pretty and ideal for the theme and her colouring of the stamp Warm Winter Wishes is perfect.


Andie has used the image Crystal Flakes for her fabulous Christmas card. Andie's colouring is awesome! I love the shading and the depth she achieves. Very sweet 'n' pretty.



This sparkly delight made by Nessy uses the stamp Wish Upon A Star. I love all the glitter and the added stars.
These stamps all come from the Jingle Bells and Tinkle Bells range and are most definitely my favourite Christmas stamps ever!
The final card today I am showing today...


OK, this one isn't a Christmas card but it is divine so I had to sneak it on here too. A really striking card from Lis made with Hello Little Friend


There's almost a week left to get a card made and entered into the Sugar Bowl challenge. It's easy peasy to enter and you could be picked at random to win some sweet rubbery loveliness :)

Thanks for looking.
Love Elaine xx

*************

WOW fantastic cards Elaine, you have a eye for picking out great creations.

Yesterday was Let them eat cake  and I wanted to show you some new cakes that you might not want to eat but just admire because they are so beautiful.


The girls over at the CREATIVE CUPCAKE ACADEMY run classes
 at Farncombe Estate venue in Broadway, Worcestershire.
There is not a class I would not take, it would be  a total treat for me and I am sure that one day I will get down there and do this class because I love everything these girls do.
BUT and here's the thing, I would have to fly to Birmingham or Luton and I doubt I could do it in one day, down and back.
 IF you are lucky to live near by, go treat yourself, I am sure that if you made these cakes for Christmas gifts you would be a friend for life.

off to put the kettle on anyone want to join me, I buggsy the cake with the snowflake on top!
Karen

15 comments:

Fiona said...

all fabulous Elaine...

Fi
x

crafty amy said...

Wow they are all gorgeous! My bank is going to be very empty. Should I just set up for my wages to get paid straight to you lol :D

Huge hugs

Amy
xx

Erika said...

All beautiful cards.
Erika.

Pat said...

Gorgeous cards!! Great "singing" too, Elaine!! And Karen...those cupcakes are amaaaazing! I think you showed us cupcakes from there before, didn't you? Or am I losing my mind? (Don't answer that, Elaine!! LOL!) Hugs to all y'all, sweet ladies! Pat Frank

lis-m said...

hey .. thanks Elaine... Just reading thro the post as i do regularly.. and i scrolled down, and there was my card...I must confess I went "Oh!", what a lovely surprise! Glad you liked it.. thanks you so much !
Hugs xx

The Creative Cake Academy said...

Thank you so much for your amazing support and really kind words about our cupcakes at The Creative Cake Academy - it is so good to know that we are on the right track with what we are doing.

We are developing Distance Workshop Packs for those who love our stuff but are outside the UK or too far away to attend. If you are interested - drop us an e-mail at info@creativecakeacademy.co.uk - we can keep you posted.

Once again - a massive thank you Ann xxxx

Janette said...

Great cards Elaine and gorgeous cakes......I think I have made three maybe four Christmas cards so far...always last minute, with everything....don't want to think about it yet...lol...xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow, i am member 1801! What a beautiful blog! I just fall in love with this amazing stamps!
Hope to see more of it!
Best Regards,
Jacomijn
www.scrapmetjacomijn.blogspot.com

Shazza said...

WOW those cupcakes are amazing, I would love to take a class there!
Elaine, the cards you have chosen are all beautiful x

Elaine said...

OH MY! Those cupcakes are amazing!
The thought of decorating a cupcake fills me with dread (I am very clumsy!) but I would love to be able to buy cupcakes as wonderfully decorated as these!
I want one with a fat, white flower on top, just to look at though, I wouldn't actually eat it!

Love Elaine xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the colours of that first Christmas card - such a super interpretation of the inspirational Sugar Bowl photo. Andie's colouring of the jacket is something else - so velvety & I have to agree with Karen, Elaine; you have a real eye when it comes to picking out suoer creations.
Love those colours of the cupcakes Karen - hope you get to have that class some day.
Paula (PEP)

Dawn said...

Oh, Wow! I am so flattered that you liked my card enough to feature it on your blog along side all those stunning creations! Thank you so much!

Hugs, Dawn

Julye said...

Fab cards Elaine, afraid I'm a bit of a late Annie, as I like it to feel like its near christmas before I start making cards well at least after all the birthday cards are out of tthe weay as I have familyt birthdays at the beginning of december.
Those cupcakes are really something, I love to mess so off to check out their site now thanks Karen.

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Love these creations Elaine.....OMG these cakes are fab....drooling here lol

Mwah

Ali x

nessy said...

oh my gosh i have just seen my card, thankyou so much for using my card..what a shock!!my husband nearly had to get the smelling salts out!!
thankyou again elaine
vanessa (nessy) xx