Two Manga note books.

Hello sugar friends. It is me, Marianne, that have something to show you today.
You have seen a lot of Manga in the Sugar Nellie blog lately, and today I also have a couple of Manga girls to show you. I needed a pause from all my Christmas projects, and wanted to do something completely different. And believe me, this is different! Totally different from all the stuff I normally do:)
The Manga stamps are so gorgeous, it is a shame I don`t use them more often. You can buy them all at Funky Kits.
I have made two notebooks, and colored my images with Prisma Colors on craft cardstock. My books are all craft, with one bright contrast color.

To make this project a real challenge, I have tried to make the books Clean & Simple. Not exactly my usual style, and it was not easy! But I like to try out new things, and I ended up having a lot of fun making these books.
My first book has got the contrast color turquoise. After coloring the image, I used a corner dies from Nellie Snellen in one corner, and framed it with turquoise cardstock. The decoration is only one flower, one rose, two swirls and six pearls, all in the same color.



My second book is made the exact same way, only with bright pink as the contrast color.



My books have the same C&S style inside. A text, one colored panel, and a notebook in matching colors.

I hope you liked my small note books, and you are always welcome to visit my blog.
Have a lovely weekend all of you.
Hugs from Marianne.


*****
Hello Sugar Addicts, hope you are all well.

Thank you Marianne for a super wee project,
 perfect for the school sale but I will confess to using the little bitty note pads from Asda
as I don't own a bind it all *shocked*

I am still in Glasgow, down here to visit the SECC, catch up with friends at the show
and do a little shopping with my daughters in between. Boot is full so I had better be fussy what I buy on Sunday as space is limited.

Today we did Country Baskets, Ikea and Asda so now the girls can eat again!

I am also making plans for NEXT WEEKEND,
sssshhhhh don't tell but we are one year older
and there is going to be birthday presents...............for you!

catch you later
Karen

8 comments:

Fiona said...

fab project Marianne...I have swithered about prismas...you have made the colouring look beautiful on the these little mangas.

Fi
x

Janette said...

Hi Marianne, These are just gorgeous, do love the Manga girls, need to dust them off I think after seeing these fab creations....just fabulous.xx

Shazza said...

so cute, I have both these stamps, must look them out x

Paula (PEP) said...

Terrific Marianne - love the simple but utterly effective colour combinations. Take care driving back Karen - sound like you've had a very busy time.
Paula (PEP)

Julye said...

Fab note books, I use Asda notebooks too Karen well you have to justify how much you would use an expensive toy and outway it againsy how much rubber and other pretty things you could but don't you. Enjoy your sunday and there is alaways the cars back seat for extra storage and passengers knees.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous notebooks, and fabulous colouring of the images on the kraft cardstock. Love those corner details too.
Hugs
cathy xx

Pjay said...

These are fantastic, love them! xxx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fabulous creations.

sorry we never got enough time to catch up on Thurs :(

Glad you had a great time!

Ali x