Say hello to


finalfgbanner


ANGELICA

Maya2


Maya has used Angelica

The lace edge punched around the card adds to the delicate balance that matches in with
 this little lady. She is definitely a fragile fairy, all girlie and pretty.
All eleven of these gorgeous little fairies and their friends will be available to buy from Funky Kits on Saturday October 8th!

*************
Hello Sugar Addict how are you all ?
Long time no speak and I know from the comments on FB that for some
 insane and crazy reason you all miss my blethering???!!!!

Its a real busy time for me juggling all those balls badly as I do.
Here at the House of Sugar there are lots of things happening.

The store (Papercrafts ELGIN) had a very busy day last Saturday when we had
both Erika and Jenny on the shop floor sharing their talents with our customers.
Erika works as a freelance demonstrator for Personal Impression
and I know no one who can make spellbinder samples as stunning as she does.

Jenny came in with amazing samples of sweet Sugar Nellie cards
 and showed off embossing, inking the folders and colouring with pro markers. There were so cute that we sold out of a few of our favourite stamps :)

So we had a lot of happy customers who  have gone home to create with their goodies.
Most of my customers I know, that's because I have been in our small city teaching and selling for almost 10 years now. WOW I must have started young!
It is real hard time for local business and I appreciate their loyalty and support each and every time they choose to shop with us. I do try my very best to give them new and exciting trends and offer great incentives and rewards.

BUT Internet customers are so different in so many ways, I doubt I will ever meet more than a hand full of the 1000's of Funkykits customers but face book and blogging does allow me to at least chat with you and have a little banter now and then. Unless I am sitting here speaking to myself again?

As the new design releases for Sugar Nellie come to a pause at the end of the year, I am already done with Christmas and so pleased that our range for this season has taken a hold of your hearts, you clearly love these sweet stamps and for that I am very grateful.
Mark is trying hard to keep them all on the shelf but your know its near impossible
to guess how many of what we need.

I am real sorry to see SARAH leave the DT, she has been with us for a long time and her work stands out and is instantly recognisable. Life just changes directions now and them, priority change and crafting for most of us is something we do in our spare time for enjoyment, that's the way it should be.
I am please to say that she will stay as part of the challenge bowl so we will still see her around.

Home life is busy too, harvest is finished and calving is almost done. Kids will be off school at the end of the week and we have no plans in the holidays as I have deliberately
 not renewed their passports so that I cant take a last minuet deal to the sun. (well  Ican but they cant)

Wedding plans...........not much happening there, date, church, photographer and cake are booked. Debbie is coming home this weekend to try on the dress she likes again ( I am happier to spend my pennies locally rather than in the city ) Decision time I thinks. Our bride to be has spent hours on PINTEREST looking at ideas for everything from desert tables to hair styles.

I too have spent hours on PINTEREST looking for crafty ideas and things that inspire.
I do love to come across a Sugar Nellie card, it make me a little proud to think that I played a small part in choosing that design to make into a stamp and someone has taken the time to make a beautiful card with it!

Did Gayle just say 100 words?
Maybe I went over a bit but I am sure some of you  may have switched over a long time ago, if your still with me............say hello.
take care
Karen

13 comments:

Suzi Mac said...

A beautiful card from Maya and another sweet fairy from the Glen. So nice to hear your blethering Karen. I hope you can get away to the sun for a few days just to relax.
Hugs
Suzi x

Carol said...

WOW another gorgeous image Karen!! Why do you always bring us such beautiful stamps hehe?! Counting down to Saturday. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxxx

Julye said...

still with you to the end, don't hasve much time to spend in blogland of late but always try to pop by sugfar nellie , sassy and Krista's blogs to read if not comment, right back to my decorating.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card from Maya and I LOVE this image, such a delicate cutie. Definitely going to be falling inro my virual basket!!

Sounds like life is really packed and busy Karen, and hopefully no more incidences of cow pooh in bed (ewwwww!). Pinterest is as addictive as fb, crafting ...!!!!
Hugs
Cathy xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous card and love this image too. Great to have you back Karen running on as usual, I;ve missed that. Wish I was near enough to visit the shop. Marianne x

Wiccababe said...

still with you quine, nice to have you back
Debz
xx

lindah11 said...

such beautifull images yet again so looking forward to there launch
hugs linda x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Beautiful card from Maya.....

Fab to her from you Karen....great to hear the wedding plans are in full flow :) I have to agree Pininterest in VERY addictive lol

You stick to 100 words.....hmmmm no comment

hope the rest of the week is fab

Ali x

Fiona said...

oh she is lovely too!! Beautiful card maya!!

fi
x

Pat said...

Oh Karen...so happy to hear that you're staying outa trouble! I'm beyond thrilled that you are doing such a great job running things and choosing such fab images! I found myself wishing I lived closer so I could come play with Erika & Jenn in the store. A bit of a commute for me, tho! hehehe! This card is just darling!! Maya does such gorgeous work! I must have this image too....oh dear! hehehe! Big hugs, darlin'! Pat Frank

Diane Louise J said...

Enjoyed your posting... beautiful image on the card... can feel my spending head appearing:o) will definitely have buy. Diane x

xxxtglxxx said...

Gorgeous card and these cuties are just adorable! :)

I always still read to the end, even if I dont comment! lol

xxalisonxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Great to see you here Karen - I'm catching up with all my commenting as I've been earning pennies to spend on the new release. Glad your wedding preps are coming together & that Sarah will be staying on with the Challenge Team. She's very distinctive & adds to the variety of showcasing - Sugar Nellie stamps are so so versatile & lend themselves to many different styles.
Hope the school hols are manageable.
Paula (PEP)