WOODLAND FAIRY........

Morning all.....!

It's Vicky here today and I have the great pleasure to showcase a beautiful  Home Grown Manga....


This wee beauty was first released last year and I must say she is one of my favourites.
I have kept her very simple to show you how gorgeous she is...


and as you see I have done some matting and layering to show you
the gorgeous Nitwit papers I have used too. I always matt my papers on
matching card to "lift" the papers and I also "raise" the image onto foam pads....


and the colouring medium I have used on her are Spectrum Noirs, Prisma Pencils for shading and some chalks too....especially for a cheeks...


and finally the the "stuff" I used to to create the bow is Scrim....yep it's plaster scrim
what builders use...! It's so cheap, flexible and you can buy it in any good DIY stores...or what I do I "borrow" from my lovely, and patient hubby Steve...lol.....

Well I hope you likey....and for more details please pop over to my blog here...
and I know for the next month my teamie's will be showcasing
some more of these gorgeous stamps....

have a lovely day.....and I hope the weather is being kind like it has been over the
weekend.......

big hugs Vicky xx

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I love the way she's coloured. Will look out for some scrim. Julia.

Elaine said...

Fabulous Vicky!
It's always so nice to see some of the older stamps being used. I know everyone loves to play with their new rubber but I always LOVE to see older images...it was Sugar Nellie that got me addicted to rubber in the first place!
Beautiful card, I love the colours and I love your style.

Hugs Elaine xxx

Fiona said...

Vicky...another fabulous card!! Yes the Mangas are so pretty too...she looks fab against those nitwit papers and really stands out!!

You are getting to be a dab hand at using hubby scrim!!

Fi
x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

This is beautiful Vicky your colouring is fantastic sweetie. I adore this image. Must look out some of my older nellies and give them some love...thanks for sharing this beauty


Ali x

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous sweetie! Lovely autumn colors and so sweet to see an older Sugar image ♥

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Vicky, love this Manga fairy and you have coloured her beautifully. Great details, that scrim is really effective.

Its great to see the DT revisiting some of the older Nellies and giving them a bit of a makeover ... can't wait to see more.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Erika said...

Beautifully coloured card Vicky. I love the manga range of stamps and she is so cute.
Happy crafting,
Erika.

Pat said...

Hi Vicky!! What an adorable card!! I'm just getting ready to make a card w/one of my Mangas...and am so tickled to see this little darlin!! I don't have her...but she's just so dang cute!! I love her wings! And the mushroom is sooooo perfect! Thanks for the great post too, Vicky! I will use it as a guide for my next week's post! You rock!! Hugs. Pat Frank

Paula (PEP) said...

This is one of my favourite images though I don't have her. She is beatifully showcased her with the flower & scrim as accents & the soft colours of the background papers. I particulalry like the gold & silver colouring of her wings & leggings coupled with the soft pink. It's very striking with the mushroom being the traditional red. So interesting to see those Spectrums in use & I love the neat matting of the papers which really brings the whole design together.
Paula (PEP)