Dream a little sugar coated dream.....

Good Morning Everyone! It's Jane here today and I have a card to share with you this week using one of the range of stamps which were the first Sugar Nellies I ever owned. I love the quirky Leanne Ellis images and this one called Dreamer is one of my all time favourite Sugar Nellies.

I had a big tidy of my craft stash this week and found a very old pad of papers. I never would have thought of combining black with lime and aubergine by myself but seeing the colours together on the papers inspired me to make this card. I used a Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities scalloped circle to cut the card base and then cut another scalloped circle from patterned paper to cover the base card. The layout is very simple but to add interest to the layers and to pull the colour scheme together, I matted my shapes onto scalloped shapes cut from lime green papers. I used a Hero Arts sentiment cut into a banner shape and lots of flowers from my stash to match the papers. The button and ribbon were from my stash.
I used Promarkers to colour the image. The colours I normally use for skin are Soft peach, Oatmeal and Blush and I used 3 shades of brown to colour the hair. As a finishing touch, I added glitter glue to the wings.
Have a fab Wednesday!
Jane
x

4 comments:

Juls said...

ooooooooooooh this is just stunning!!! have to say I do LOVE leanne Ellis designs, its fab to see her featured again ... love the shape of the card, the mix of DP's and that fabby rich purple colour!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Hugs Juls

Paula (PEP) said...

A real stunner & one of my favourite images too. Great the way your scalloped elements pick up the scalloped flower of the stamped image & your use of the blue & the white sparkly wings really add brilliant contrast to the whole design. I just love the whole colour combination.
Paula (PEP)

Shazza said...

gorgeous bright colours, love this x

CasitadePiedra said...

wooww! beautiful and great colours.. The Laenne Ellis drawings are awesome.

Saludos! :D

Pepi