Guardian Angel

Hello everyone! I hope those of you in the US who celebrated Thanksgiving had a great weekend. After being with family and stuffing my face with great food, I got sick yesterday... boo! I know exactly who the germs came from too, lol. But it was worth it. This Thanksgiving our family had some extra guardian angels, my husband Patrick's grandparents both passed away this fall. I wanted to share with you the card I made his mom, to hopefully be a comfort, which is what our hobby is about, right?

I used the sweet image Guardian Angel (it's on sale at Funky Kits!!) and paper pieced her dress to match the CTMH papers. I attempted to color the image in with Prismacolor pencils although I can never seem to get the shading very well for some reason. I'm sure it's entirely user error, lol!



Whenever I paper piece something, I always go back and add some shading with the gray Copic markers. It just looks more natural to me that way, and the image really seems to pop to me!

Well I think I'll mosey on back to bed... Thanks for stopping by, and stay healthy!

x Jenn



4 comments:

Shan said...

Jenn your card is adorable and I am sure your mother in law will love it. I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well and I am sending get well thoughts your way. Hope you get some rest.

Hugs
Shannin

Macpurp said...

this is beautiful.
hope you feel better soon x
love Teen x

Shazza said...

it is beautiful x

Vicky said...

Sending big hugs to you Jenn....and your card is perfect hun..

Love Vicky xx