I'm An Ordinary Angel...

Winning tiny victories
And though the ordinary angels fly
Their wings weigh heavily.
I try to be a daily genius
There's no idea beyond my reach
With all the angels and the geniuses
My company I'm gonna keep.

Anyone remember these lyrics? Back in 1988 this was a song released by the pop group Hue and Cry, two brothers from Scotland...all good things come from Scotland, especially rubber! Now I have to admit that the song has nothing whatsoever to do with today's post....I was trying to think of lyrics with "out of the ordinary" in them somewhere but I'm full of a snotty cold and my head feels likes it's stuffed with cotton wool, no brain activity in here at all today! But I do like the Ordinary Angels lyrics..we are all little angels winning our own personal tiny victories :)
On to what I'm really here for...today there is a new challenge over on the Sugar Bowl with a fabby sketch from Cathy and the optional theme of "Out of the ordinary" - see, I really was going somewhere, I was just taking you on the longer scenic route:) This theme can cover a multitude of things, from using a different technique or a different colouring medium, or maybe a different shape of card. The choice is yours.


This is Cathy's take on the challenge using the Home Grown image Young Love.

Erika has chosen to ink up the gorgeous Rosie for her eye catching Christmas card.


And Kiki has used another Christmas image, the fabulous Santa with lantern
If you visit the Sweeties own blogs then they will each tell you what makes their card "out of the ordinary".

As always there is a prize for one randomly picked winner of 4 Sugar Nellie stamps of the winners choice, or 6 stamps if we get 100+ entries. Now wouldn't that be nice to win some new rubber just before Christmas?

Thanks for looking
Love Elaine xx

5 comments:

Shan said...

simply gorgeous creations ladies! I love them.

Hugs
Shannin

Paula (PEP) said...

Thnaks for a bright start to my Thursday Elaine. Interesting mix of images of this time too - intrigued by why these are extra-ordinary so off to find out. Hope your cold improves........brain cells seem OK to me.
Paula (PEP)

Teresa said...

Beautiful cards, all of them.
hugs Teresa xx

Christine L said...

Well I enjoy your rambling Elaine... don't let anyone stop you!! But I don't remember that song I'm afraid...

Beautiful cards from all here, will have a wander around the blogs if I get time..
Hugs
Christine x

Erika said...

Hope you feel better soon Elaine. x
Big hugs Erika.