T'is the season to make Christmas cards!

Good Morning Everyone! Jane here with you today and I am starting to panic as Christmas seems to be approaching very fast now and even though I feel like I have been making Christmas cards since Easter, I am not sure if I will have enough and I haven't even started writing them yet!!! Eeek!
In order to try and fill up my card box I have made another Christmas card using the super cute Festive Friends image which is available here from Funky Kits.

I thought I would use some non traditional colours for my card and die cut a scalloped circle for the base using a Spellbinder grand Nestie and then covered it with some cool aqua stripe paper by Cosmo Cricket. The stripes really remind me of Winter PJs! I die cut scalloped squares and rectangles and layered up My Mind's Eye papers and wrapped the test panel with some vintage seam binding before adding it to the card and layered the coloured image into blue paper leaving a small border before adding it to the scalloped rectangle and popping it on to the card with foam pads. The image was coloured with Promarkers and I added Glamour Dust to Santa's coat, hat and beard to make him twinkle :-)
I added a double bow tied from more seam binding and topped this with one of my favourite craft items at the moment...a wooden snowflake, I am addicted to them! I am sticking them on everything I make at the moment, it's lucky the dog does not stand still too long or I would embellish him with one as well. I finished with some gems and flowers and buttons and a sentiment which is a Whimsy stamps ticket stamp. Am off to go and count my Christmas cards!
Have a great Wednesday!
Jane
x

7 comments:

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Jane...love the image, the wonderful colours and great layout too hun... :o)

have a super day...big hugs Vicky xx

Juls said...

awhhh, this is just the cutest card ever!! Hugs Juls

Christmas Cards said...

Wow..This is superb design, , You have created very unique design for this Christmas

xmas cards

Shazza said...

this is gorgeous, lovely and bright
x

Daniele said...

what a great fun card, I love the gorgeous colours you've used
hugs

Erika said...

Beautiful Jane I love this stamp.
Erika.

Shan said...

I really dont know how I missed this card but it is ADORABLE! Makes you smile just looking at it.

Hugs
Shannin