Summer in December


Hi all sugar friends, I hope you are all doing well, and that you are enjoying the December days.
Guess what, I`m all done with my Christmas cards. It feels good, but since I really love Christmas I probably will sneak in some Christmas projects anyway.
But the card I will show you today is as far from Christmas and winter as you can get, and I had a great time making this taste of summer. The wonderful image I have used is “To and Fro” from Sugar Nellies collection “Country Cousins”. Isn`t she just beautiful? You can buy her and all her cousins at Funky Kits.


I have colored the image with my Copics, and for the lace frame and edge I have used punches from Martha Stewart. The fence is a die from Magnolia, the leaves from Marianne Design, and the butterflies from Cherry Lynn. I have decorated my card with pearls, glitter, roses and a homemade flower.

The flower I have made by cutting five organza circles and carefully smelted the edges with the flame from a candle. You don`t have to make perfect circles, it really doesn`t matter for the result, but don’t cut them too small, they will shrink a lot when you heat the edges. I think my biggest circle was about 6cm.  In the end I fasten the circles together with a big pearl.

You are always welcome to visit my blog, and remember to stay with us here at the Sugar Nellie blog for new posts and a lot of inspiration every day.
Hugs, Marianne.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

This is really beautiful Marianne. TFS, hugs Sharon

Paula (PEP) said...

Your flower is a delight & so adds to the summery feel of this card. Love her hair colouring too.
Paula (PEP)

Shan said...

This card is simply stunning. I am so in love with that stamp and your layout and all your embellishments are so prefect. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs
Shannin

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Marianne, as I'm into summer here, this fits my season perfectly.
Gorgeous colouring, love her hair...so pretty.

Luv CHRISSYxx

coops said...

stunning card marianne.i love the image and your colours and design are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Pssequimages said...

I love your work! Thank you for the inspiration and for your store!