Sugar Addicts Showcase Sunday.

Good Morning Sugar Addicts.
Yep, it's Sunday again..boy don't these Sundays come around quickly or am I just getting old??
So time to shine the Sugar spotlight on a very talented lady...Astrid, who makes the most gorgeous cards.
But first a little background information:

I am 51 years young, married to Bert, mother of two lovely children, Elisa 17 year and Colin 15 year.

I can't remember when I started making cards, that's a long time ago, for the last 3 years I am totally addicted to scrapcards, that's my favorite thing.
Since last year I make cards for a magazine here in the Netherlands, HobbyJournaal, I have to make each month 3 cards, so they can publish them.
I am a staying at home mother, so I have a lot of time for cardmaking :)

Now Astrid sent me not one card but three!!


This card uses the Sassy image Team Spirit from the latest release. I simply LOVE Astrid's style of cardmaking. All the layers and different embellies that make her cards and projects so detailed.


This stunning card is made with the Sassy image Apple Of My Eye. All those layers would leave my simple brain in a right muddle but Astrid seems to create these multi layer cards effortlessly.


Strike A Pose has been teamed with pretty pinks and kraft..a match made in heaven! I love the soft and delicate colouring that compliments the papers perfectly and all those layers and embellies!
As always I had a good dig around Astrid's blog to show you some more cards.
We can all can see that Astrid loves the Sassy range of stamps so...


...I had to show this one made with the very sweet Cherry Pip ( sorry, she's all sold out at the moment but will be back in stock very soon) I love these colours and those papers are divine, I shall have to go and find where I can buy me some of those...oh dear, I feel another paper addiction coming on!


OK, can you tell I love those papers ha! Another gorgeous card using the Sassy image Romantic Dreamer.
And finally a festive card...


Using the Sassy image Christmas Kisses. I have these papers but I don't think any card I made would turn out so beautifully!
I love all Astrid's cards and her beautiful projects which you can see HERE on her blog.
All perfectly coloured with layer upon layer of gorgeous papers and the prettiest of embellishments. Please pop on over and say hi to Astrid, make a cuppa first as I spent hours looking at all her gorgeous creations.

Many thanks to Astrid for allowing me the pleasure of posting just a few of her cards here today.

Before I leave you in peace to enjoy your Sunday, my Sugar Ma'am Gayle is on the look out for some new faces to join the Sugar Nellie design team, you can find all the details on THIS POST and you have until the end of the month to send your details through to Gayle.
Now I'm off to colour up a little Sugar :)
Thanks for looking.
Love Elaine xx

19 comments:

Maria Therese said...

OMG her gards are Goooooooooooooorgeous!! Off to visit her blog!!

Jolara said...

wooow the cards are all beautifull !!! Joyce xo

Sandie said...

Fabulous cards. Such an amazing array of styles. xx

Wiccababe said...

beautiful cards - I love all the layers
Debz
x

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
the cards are amazing
i just love astrid's cards
and follow her for a while now
and see her in ocktober again
hugs angelique

Shazza said...

wow Elaine, great choice, her cards are amazing. Off to visit her blog x

marion said...

Wow !! stunning cards Astrid !! Hugs, Marion

Fiona said...

wow Astrid...absolutely stunning cards!!

Fi
x

The Craft Bucket said...

All cards are absolutely gorgeous but if I had to pick I espcially like 'Team Spirit' I think because of the colour tones. Well done, Jane x
http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

Jane said...

Absolutely Stunning!!! I am off for a nosey at your blog Astrid!xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Intrigued by Astrid's soft colouring with Copics. Love the use of kraft & white as a foil for other colours & as you say the alyering is amazing. Lovely shabby chic style to my mind too. Thanks for another Sunday feast.
Paula (PEP)

Astrid said...

thank you so much girls, I am really honored, all these lovely compliments :)

hugs Astrid xx

Pop's Cards said...

I love her work, congrats sweetie x x x x

Macpurp said...

these are just beautiful!
love teen x

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow wee, all those cards rock...
Luv them all, great color choices, layout, just unique.... Hi5!

Casper said...

Hiya there,

Amazing projects and awesome colouring too,Great showcase from Astrid!

Awesome work Girl!

Take care
Big Hugs
Casper
xxx

Casper said...

Hiya Karen, How are you?

Did YOU SEE - HIPPIE CHICK IN "QUICK CARDS" Magazine?
Issue 91 September 2011

It has been made and demonstrated by Jane Millard Starts on Page 14 where it lists Sugar Nellie Simply Sassy Hippie Chick Stamp from Funky kits in the "Shopping List"
and the actual tutorial is on Page 18 - One large photo of Hippie Chick and one smaller!

Fabulous to see A great stamp of yours being used in a MAGAZINE.

Take care
Big Hugs
Casper
xxx

Kim. said...

Stunning card, so many layers to each and so many gorgeous embellishments.
Kim xXx

Mau xx said...

Beautiful cards, what a talented lady you are Astrid. xx Congratulations on being Showcased xx