Welcome our guest - Nancy


 
And a little about me:
Hello Sugar Nellie fans. I am Nancy Thomas and my blog is Creative Palette. Although I’ve traveled and lived temporarily in other places for work purposes, my permanent home is in the state of Alabama in the US. I am married to my husband Don and between us we have three grown children and six grandchildren.
I have been a crafter of some sort practically all my life. I discovered the world of paper crafting in 2002 after looking through my beloved grandmother’s photo box a few weeks after she passed away. I always used stamps in my scrap booking endeavors but turned primarily to stamping via card making in 2010 when I became interested in alcohol ink markers. I serve on several design teams, including as a “sweetie” on The Sugar Bowl blog.


 
The first card features the Time Together image, one of the sweet Sugar Nellie fairies. I cut out with Spellbinders Nestabilities and then colored with Copic Markers, adding Ranger Diamond Stickles to the wings for a bit of shimmer.I combined this beauty with patterned papers from the Doodlebug Frosty Friends pad. The sentiment from the My Favorite Things Clearly Sentimental about Christmas set was stamped onto a double ended banner. Two snowflakes cut with the Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflakes dies topped with Doodlebug Enamel Dots finished it up.

 
My second card features the new Love Songs image which is part of the Furry Friends collection. I am really loving these little guys. After cutting the image out the image with a pierced die from My Favorite Things, I colored him up with Copics. I combined him with paper from the Studio Calico Brighton Pier pad. I cut the small tag from scraps and then attached to the card with a button and thread which I wrapped around the card base.The sentiment came from The Cat's Pajamas The Tweetest Things set.


Nancy Thomasnancythomas.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Janice said...

These are both gorgeous cards, your colouring is fantastic and I love the layouts too, perfect in every way! Jx

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Welcome Nancy, I love your cards they're so pretty and colourful. your colourwork is fab. Hugs Janine (Sugar Nellie & Sugar Bowl DT)