Happy New Year and Happy Birthday!

It's my first post of the year, so Happy New Year to you all.

Does anyone make resolutions any more?
I've given up making them myself, as I know darn well that I won't stick to them. Instead, I make a list of goals, things that I would like to achieve throughout the year rather than things I will give up...chocolate, crisps, olives etc. Top of my list this year is one word...TIME.

To make more efficient use of my time.
Time to enjoy life rather than the 'go to work/go back home/do chores/and go to bed' routine which I seem to slip effortlessly into.
Time to catch up with friends.
Time to make more cards and show some love to that large pile of un-inked stamps that keeps taunting me!
Tell me...what plans have you made for this year, any goals?

Over on the Sugar Bowl our Sugar Mama Gayle let the sweeties have a little holiday, so the current challenge will run for 4 weeks rather than the usual 2. There is just a week left to get a card or project made before the new challenge starts next Thursday.

 This fabulous card is Shelby's entry using the Sassy stamp Cinderella. I love all the folds on her dress and Shelby's colouring is stunning.


Same image but with a different creator and a totally different colour scheme but with the same stunning colouring this time from Coops. Again, I love the depth within the folds of the dress..fabulous!

You can also buy this little lady before she had her make-over, otherwise known as Cinders.


This is a card made for the Simply Sassy blog by the lovely and extremely talented DT member Anita.
I adore these colours, and I always love Anita's creations.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Karen...though it was actually her birthday yesterday.
I hope you had a fabulous day and were treated like Cinderella and not Cinders!

Thanks for looking.
Love Elaine xx

12 comments:

Fiona said...

I think most of us don't stick to those resolutions Elaine!! fabby cards to show us..really pretty.

Happy birthday Karen!!

Fi
x

Pat said...

Whoa...a birthday? Awesome!! Happy b-day Miz Karen...hope it was fabulous!! Awesome cards, ladies!! Hugs. Pat Frank

Shazza said...

gorgeous cards x

Mau xx said...

Gorgeous Cards, Love them all and like you say the Colouring is Fab xxx
Hope you have a wonderful new year Elaine....me I have to have one res olution to Lose a stone.. and my next is a Promise to myself to try and do EVERY SN challenge. not sure it will be possible but here goes....lol
Hugs Mau xx

Mau xx said...

Sorry Forgot to Send a HUGE HUGE happy birthday to you Karen, Hope you got spoilt xxx

Anita said...

I don't make resolutions either Elaine. Never have kept any of them lol! Thank you for the wonderful compliment - you have made my day sweetie :)

coops said...

belated happy birthday to karen and thanks so much elaine for showing my card, so honoured ;D
love the other ladies cards too, gorgeous sassys :D
no resolutions for me because i just can`t keep to them .lol ;D

xx coops xx

ribenaruby said...

Super selection. Happy Belated birthday Karen! Ruby x

Erika said...

Wow stunning cards and all beautifully coloured. New Years resolutions....that will be a first for me.
Big hugs
Erika.

Christine L said...

All such fabulous cards..... but I think I have to go for the Cinderella....... she's sooooo gorgeous! Credit card, here I come...
Hugs
Christine x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Loving these creations...mudt play along :0)

Ali x

Paula (PEP) said...

My goodness don't those two first ones look different.
As to resolutions - safer just working with 2012 Goals of consolidating my learning of techniques & colouring.
Have a good continuation of 2012.
Paula (PEP)