Make a wish!

Hello Everyone! Jane here today with my first post for 2012 for Sugar Nellie, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year and managed to fit in a bit of crafting time, I did and have had lots of fun playing with some of my favourite Sugar Nellie images. I also made some crafty resolutions, I am going to try and only buy stash I really need, try to use up some of my papers and not be scared to try something a bit different for my cards in 2012 and step out of my comfort zone.

When I saw the Sketch for the current Sugar Bowl challenge, I just had to give it a go and after taking a few deep breaths... and remembering my resolutions... decided to try to optional theme of no Designer papers! I used a lot of Kraft card on my projects usually but never as the main paper so I thought I would have a go at embossing it to make it a bit more interesting. I used the Cuttlebug 'Floral Fantasy' folder for the largest square, the folder is only C6 size so in order to make the square I embossed two pieces, a larger rectangle and a narrower strip then put them together and hid the join with my ribbon.
I used a Cuttlebug Houndstooth folder (which is available at a great price here) for the smaller rectangle the image is sitting on. I am so glad I took the plunge and had a go at not using Designer papers as I love the way the card turned out.

This adorable image featuring the super sweet Delia is called 'Let them eat cake' and she is perfect for Birthday cards and all sorts of Celebrations. I choose some lovely bright colours to bring her to life, she is coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers using the following blends:
Hair: Gold, Mustard, Tulip Yellow
Dress: Antique Pink, Rose Pink, Baby Pink
Skin: Soft Peach, Oatmeal, Blush and a little Pale pink for her rosy cheek
Shoes and dress pattern: Turquoise, Duck Egg, Aqua
Wings: Duck Egg, Aqua and Pale Aqua Flexmarker
I added some glitter glue to her wings and the ribbon on the cake and then used an old sentiment from my stash which I die cut with a label shape and decorated the card with a bow and some flowers and buttons from my stash and finally some gems as a finishing touch.
The colours I have used for my image are some of my favourite Promarkers blends, do you have any favourite colours you always turn to when colouring? I would love to hear which ones if you would like to share them in a comment on this post and I would also love to hear if you have made any craft resolutions too!
Have a great Wednesday!
Jane
x

5 comments:

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

This is an absolutely adorable card Jane! Looks great with the embossed Kraft card, rather than DPs. Helen x

Ann said...

This card is so adorable, and I love the blue gingham ribbon, and the pink and blue papers used with the kraft stock.

Pat said...

Hi Jane! I know what you mean! I LIVE for DPs...well, not really! But I really LOVE DPs! Itell ya, you totally ROCKED this "no DP" challenge!! I love the colors you used...such fun layering of colors too! And...love your coloring too, honry bun! Hugs! Pat Frank

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tasha said...

The colours on this card are amazing! And the embossing looks great