Dear Donalda



Dear Donalda has been busy, these are two beautiful cards she has created as part of her DT work for Sugar Nellie, I don't know if she would call it work as her love of crafting and appreciation of others shines through in everything she makes and each kind comment she leaves on your blogs. One of the first followers of Sugar Nellie, she has been a great support on this rocky road which after three years has seen many changes not only at the House Of Sugar but also in stamping. Stamping is very much back in fashion and has boomed more than any other style of crafting, It did concern me that there was a swing towards pick and stick for a while and you cant switch on the shopping channels without seeing CD roms. But nothing is as satisfying as stamping in your chosen ink and colouring in with your favourite medium. I started with water colour pencils, whisper pens , prisma's, letra set and then copics. There is no doubt that the HOS sells more Letraset than any other and Sugar Nellie and Letraset are a good British mix.

Ooops, back to Donalda's cards, these two feature Simply Sassy stamps which will be available to buy as single stamps later on this month, {OMG its October already} with pre orders being taken now for all six. Remember that Hippie Chick will not be available as a single stamp for a good while. She is FREE when you buy the other five, a limited edition stamp just for you our loyal sugar addicts :)
Donalda has used new nesties with the top card, I see a lot of our DT must have those but I have not seen them in the HOS and boy do we have plenty of those in store, I cant get near my computer some days for the amount of stock that's arriving in the building. what with the general busy time of year and a demo day tomorrow. But we don't have that set! Love the colours used especially the black and teal, sometimes its the classic colour combos that appeal the most but this one is striking. Thank you Donalda, I know your were disappointed to fall behind the team because of mister post man but your cards are lovely.
Our DT, Judy, Sarah, Elaine, Dena and Donalda all have there hands full at this time of the year, when you have a home to run, family to support and a job to do, crafting is  a stress relieve that is badly needed some days. Our team have various other commitments in the craft world and its hard to fit it all in. But in never rains but it pours and we have a lot of designs backing up at the factory ready for release, no more seasonal stamps this year but some yummy new designs which we will have to stagger the release of right into the new year. At least the magazines can get a head start with them working 2/3 months ahead it's difficult to give them brand new releases to work with.

{If you work with a magazine and would like to choose Sugar Nellie to work with in your feature, give us a shout and we can work something out with you. There are so many girls out there working on projects that don't necessarily see a wage packet so the least they can expect is some back up from the companies they promote right?}

With the DT currently working with 10 new stamps for September I am hesitant to send out another 10 for October, just as well there is no rush on with Christmas designs as I would not want our girls to burn and crash. There after all only 30 days in a month and blog posts are a real commitment to keep up to date with.

I am waiting,not so patiently, to hear back from Card Maker of the Year, it must be time for judging soon, I cant wait to see what the top 10 cards they have picked for me to choose from, I know a lot of sugar addicts who entered and of course I don't know who's made what. Blind judging to keep things fare and square ;)

Gayle is still working on choosing new sweeties, it must be like standing in front of a wall of jars trying to pick between cola cubes and sherbet pips LOL I look forward to finding out who she chooses SOON!
I expect it will be someone who has taken part in the challenge blog after all, here at Sugar Nellie loyalty counts for an awful lot in our books. We like to give new blood a chance and always appreciate the support we receive back from you.....................................

..........but there were not a lot of you wanting the BIG prize offered the last day, does that new toy not excite you? As a crafter you know the draw that supplies have on us, those darling little buttons, those beautiful 12" papers that you just admire but dare not cut into, those cute flowers which you know you need, you know how excited we get when we stand in front of a wall of Martha Stewart punches, that you do need every colour of Pro Markers , those nestabilites are a great purchase that you justify to yourself in how many ways you could use them.
Yes I know that only a fellow crafter can understand the draw of craft supplies and toys are no different. As I put this competition details together I need to know you are interested, I have many choices open to me on how to promote and distribute prizes and I thought you would like this one? After all a prize needs to be something you would not usually buy for yourself but something you would love as a gift.
Let me know your thoughts, I am always listening.
Karen

10 comments:

Elaine said...

Hi Karen,
Well I want one!
Save yourself the hassle of judging competitions...... and just it to me! Hehehehehe!
I've already shown hubby the photos you posted in the hope he might just take the hint?

Love Elaine xx

Maria Therese said...

Oh these cards are gorgeous!!!
And yesterday's price is awesome I really think there will be a lot of cards entered for this competition!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful cards from Donalda, better late than never! Really love the teal colour on the second and the images have been coloured so beautifully! Well worth the wait:-)
hugs
Michelle
x

Random Acts of Krafting said...

I have to say, the prizes you offer up are amongst the best. That is whay I always pray to the random.org godesses every second Wednesday. The prize you have offered for the Simply Sassy competition is just FAB! I am desperately trying to save my pennies to see if I can purchase the set. If not, I will sadly have to wait until they may be sold individually.
Thanks for asking us our opinion, love the "open door" feel to it.
Hugs
Tanya

amanda stokes said...

Wow loving these new sassy stamps :) Donalda has created two beautiful pieces with them.
Stamping is the best you really feel like you've made the whole card instead of just sticking things down.I dare to count how many SN stamps i have lol.Just love em!
I would definitely love to win that fab new PINK toy ;)
Looking forward to hearing more about the competition!
hugs amanda xx

Wiccababe said...

well if nobody else wants it - I'll have it thankyou very much :)
Its an outstanding prize, and as you say it's not something I would be likely to buy for myself, but something that would make my whole year if I was to win it.
Beautiful cards as always from Donalda.
I certainly wouldn't want to be in your shoes of having to pick winners from the entrants of the CMOY competition,
have a great weekend Karen
Debz
xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I want one too - my little bug just doesn't emboss large enough pieces of paper.......... have ordered my Simply Sassy today - was a very good girl & waitied until 1st Oct. Donalda's Sassy girls are a joy & it never ceases to amaze me the difference in your DT samples. It just encourages me so much.
Have a good weekend & I loved the read you provided this morning.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Donalda, your cards are beautiful and definetely worth waiting for! Gorgeous colour tones on the first one.

Hugs Judy xx

Antonia said...

Beautiful DT cards "sassy" is going to be a winner. She is just every young woman. I will be ordering the set asap. and yes I would loovvee the new machine my "bug"wants a big sister

Cheribella said...

I agree with everyone else...I would be more than happy to take it off your hands. I have already been wanting one of those pretty new machines and winning it is the ONLY way I will ever have it!
Just love Donalda's cards. They were so worth waiting for. The black and teal just jumps out at you. All of her work is fab.
I was just on the challenge page and see thy have named the new Sweeties so congrats to all of them ~smle~
Hugz,
Cheri