Penguins Workshops and Halloween calling

It's had the weekend off work but as jr was whisked away for a party and sleepover I ended up at the HOS to see that they were coping with back to back workshops on Saturday. The class was held in the morning and afternoon to fit demand and Kate took control of this workshop using Woodware stamps, one of our long term suppliers from the year dot. I have had to come out of retirement* next week to teach a class with Darcie stamps, all sample's were made a long time ago but the search for kraft card has been the hold up.
Penguin's, kraft, black and red, simple but effective, I know its not Sugar Nellie but I will take a pic and post it here in the week. Workshops now include the set of stamps so that you can go home and do it over again. Here is the stamp set I will be using next weekend, picture is of the display board at CHA. These too are sold over on Funkykits, and if you entre code Karen you will get a nice discount off these Darcie stamp and then you can use the samples on the board and what I show you to inspire some winter creations :)


Have any of you attended workshops lately, I know that Christmas is the craftiest time of year  and there are a lot more than cards being made, I personally love the non card projects, show me yours , inspire me by showing off what you have done.

I too have been perusing the new SU catalogue, like all good crafters I can never get enough stash. I particularly like the punches of which I have many thanks to both UK and USA demonstrators, the lovely Liz in Tampa Florida once met me at Whimsadoodle to hand over my goodies, crafters are so willing to go out of there way and help. I must say that while we were there we headed for the beach on the cost and have never ever in my life been so hot as I was standing on the beautiful white beach as my kids went into the see to cool off I stood and melted as I had no swim suit with me. Just the memories is calling me back to FL but try as I might over the last 2 weeks I have not been able to get flights out of Scotland. The traveling is the killer and I have made a few nightmare journeys to the sunshine state and now refuse to take anything other than a direct flight. I know a lot of Scott's who have flown off to the sun this October, might be something to do with us not getting a summer and being in desperate need of some rays.
October to me is Halloween and over here it is getting bigger with Asda clearly showing it's Walmart parental influence in the decor and costumes it stocks. But with Halloween being only second to Christmas in the USA it is huge and no one does it better that Walt himself.

Paula was delighted with her win over on the Sugar Bowl and I hope she has found some time to play with her goodies this weekend, I am off upstairs to try and find time between washing loads to make a card for the challenge too, I give myself 20minuets LOL
Enjoy your weekend, take care

Karen

4 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Thanks Karen - I am indeed thrilled with both the nesties & those stamps....... I still haven't come down to earth. I kept thinking of your remark that things come to those who wait. Hope you manage to get some crafting time - I'm about to embark upon the Forum challenge for this week & have been pondering over Tiets' sketch. Take care.
Paula (PEP)

Max said...

Must admit to not being a fan of Halloween, even as a child and consequently neither of my kids get particularly excited. Christmas is another thing altogether though LOL!
Cute penguin stamps - am sure all the hard work you put into arranging the workshops will be rewarded when you see all the happy, face splitting grins on everyone's faces.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Jane said...

I am going to my first ever workshop on the 6th November...can't wait!

Highland Monkey's said...

Love those little penguins they are super cute.