Sugar Addicts Showcase Sunday.

Good Morning Sugar Addicts.
I'm back with my regular Sunday morning showcase and the lovely and talented lady in today's spotlight is Mau. First off is a little background history in her own words:

Hi, I am Mau, except when in trouble and then I am Maureen. I have been married 47yrs to my best friend and soul mate. We have two adorable girls, two super SIL and 5 grandchildren, who we adore. I have crafted all my married life…knitting, crochet, and sewing, finally sugar craft in which I specialized in flowers and loved every moment of it. After giving up this gorgeous hobby I started to draw and paint a little, and then I entered the world of cards 4yrs ago. Oh! Dear after sugar craft I thought no hobby in the world could match that for expense….. did I get a shock! I had no money with sugar and this hobby is certainly as bad if not worse for stash…..lol
I love to craft with my eldest daughter Amanda, and we love to shop together for crafty goodies. I fell in love with stamping as it fulfils my love of art, I still like to draw, although I'm very much a novice with paint.
Thank you so much Elaine for asking to showcase my work I was totally shocked and amazed. It must have taken me at least 2 seconds to accept your request as I just adore Sugar Nellie and feel so chuffed to show them. I only discovered them a few months ago and my collection is already growing. My future aim is to own them all, poor hubby’s wallet!!! …. Lol  

And here is the beautiful card that Mau sent for me to show...


Created using the digi image Dreamcatcher. Mau has used such pretty colours and embellishments.
As I always do, I had a good old wander through Mau's blog to find some more cards to show you...


I love the colours on this card too, fresh colours which are perfect for this digi image called Summer


A gorgeous card made with the digi image Connie.  Beautiful colouring which brings the image to life and again such pretty colours.


Another fabulous card made with the digi image Flora
And finally we have...


..this divine card made with the digi image Sybil.

I love Mau's cards...each card is made up from a beautifully coloured image, pretty colour combos, and perfectly placed embellishments. Mau has the great knack of adding enough detail and embellies to compliment the image yet still keeping her cards clean and uncluttered, and utterly gorgeous.
Many thanks to Mau for allowing me to showcase her cards here today, please pop over to Mau's blog and see these cards and many more for yourselves, and please leave her a comment too..we all love to get comments :)

Thanks for looking
Love Elaine xx

12 comments:

Mau xx said...

Thank you Elaine for thinking my work worthy of showcasing..am thrilled to bits. xx mau

Shazza said...

beautiful cards, congrats on your spotlight Mau x

Janette said...

Oh wow, a really stunning showcase Elaine, thanks for showing it and congrats to Mau, your work speaks for itself, so beautiful.xxxx

Fiona said...

congrats on your spotlight Mau...what lovely cards, those images look so real!!

fi
x

Christine said...

Toatlly agree with Elaine's well chosen discription of Mau's work, defo stunning always a pleasure to visit her blog..well done Mau..go get em girl..LOL

smiles Christine xx

coops said...

wwooohhoooooo way to go mau.
am really thrilled to see you in the sugar nellie spotlight.
so much deserved ;D

xx coops xx

Amanda said...

Mau is my mum and I am so preoud to see her showcased here Elaine. All her cards are beautiful and she always makes a huge effort to ensure they are just right and accurate....my dad is a bit of a stickler with the angles and pulls her up if they are wonky lol.
I appreciate the difficulty you will have had Elaine in chosing which of her cards to showcase. I am glad I didn't have to choose!
A very proud daughter...well done mum
xxxx

Paula (PEP) said...

This post of yours is becoming such a source of inspiration Eliane - it's amazing to see how people have come to crafting with Sugar Nellie & you have a real knack of picking people to showcase who I'd not otherwise have found. Congratulations Mau on your showcasing.
Paula (PEP)

Janice said...

Well done Maureen, your colouring is fantastic & your cards, beautiful. Jx

Welmoed said...

Mau, your cards are beautiful!
So beautiful with this lovely coloured stamps!

Welmoed

Gretchen said...

Congratulations Mau. I am in awe of your colouring.

Kim. said...

Wow Mau your cards are stunning and your colouring and especially the detail is amazing. Congrats on being spotlighted.
Kim xXx