Monday news


Hello sugar addicts another beautiful day here in Scotland, I hope the sun is shining where you are.

The wedding countdown has started, 4 months to go, so today I started work on the invites.
Best to do it in pieces I think. Today I am using pearl white card, this will not only be the body of the invitation but also one of the front panels. I am loving this embossing folder from Sizzix (thank you set #5).

It is a very classic design which lets me stamp in the panel, wedding or evening invitation.

One of the first things you have to decide when planning a wedding is the theme.

There are many to choose from, some traditional other a bit excentric. It's a reflection on the happy couple and I have found some amazing themes when I look around the Internet.
Honestly, I would have been in my element with Vintage Shabby Chic but that does not suit our bride. In the end the dress was the deciding factor as to how this wedding will be put together.
Classic is our style and there is a little pearl and bling in there too.

So I had better get back to my cutting and embossing with my trusty old cuttle bug.


While I was loading photos from my camera, I found this one.



Some of you know that I had purchased an old caravan for my "craft room" and any other storage needs. A quick fix as we don't have a garage or any empty farm building that I can use for "collecting stuff"

Well here it is, in all its, scrap heap glory. I have decanted one room so far into the caravan, that's one spare room to be decorated and furnished for my pre wedding visitors this summer.
With both daughter and boyfriends coming home, we will have a full house of 8.

I am glad the blinds are closed because you can not see the mess of boxes and furniture that is piled high behind closed doors.

As this nice weather continues, I may get out there and tidy up, you know, footer about with jars of flowers, collections of papers etc.

take care
Karen

5 comments:

Fiona said...

weather was fabulous here today too although working!!

Those invitations look beautiful...can't wait to see the end result!! The wedding will be here before you know it!!

X

Mau xx said...

looks like they are going to be beautifully elegant Karen, can't wait to see them complete.
How exciting for you, seems an age since my girls got wed... 21 &28yrs to be exact.. can't even remember what my hats were like....lol
Hugs Mau xx

Unknown said...

oh my karen,
I hope that everything goes as you want it. I love the caravan so awesome.

Shazza said...

caravan looks great, jealous.com here
Love that embossing folder, very elegant x

Wiccababe said...

can't believe I missed this post - but we really need to see the inside of that crafty caravan you know :)
Debz
x