Sweet Strawberries and an even sweeter sketch!


Good Morning Everyone! I (Jane) couldn't wait to make a card and join in with the Sugar Bowl challenge when I saw Cathy's fabulous sketch. The optional theme for this Challenge is Spots and Dots. I love polka dots so it was a real treat to be able to use lots of these on my card!


I used papers from the Teresa Collins Spring Fling pad. The colours of the papers are so rich and the red reminded me of strawberries so I just had to use the Sugar Nellie Manga 'Strawberry Patch' image which is available here from Funky Kits. I coloured the image with my Promarkers before cutting it into a rectangle and mounting it on kraft card. 


I used a Fiskars border punch for the centre strip and the sentiment is by Whimsy stamps. I also added some flowers and a lovely spotty ribbon from my stash topped with a spotty button from The Ribbon Girl.
I will definitely be using the lovely sketch by Cathy again! Make sure you check out all the fabulous cards by the Sugar Bowl Design Team on the blog, if you are inspired to take part, you may win some gorgeous Sugar Nellie stamps.
Have a great Wednesday!
Jane
x

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Jane, a fab mix of papers and ribbon I love this. Well done Hugs Elaine .

Unknown said...

This is so sweet.
I love the sketch I agree it is amazing.
hugs