Saturday Shenanigans

Happy Saturday everyone!

Firstly today , I am overwhelmed with entries for the Sweeties DT call, we are taking no more entries and I am in the midst of ‘shortlisting’ I expect to be able to announce the lucky ones on Tuesday 14th May, so not toooooo long to wait!!

Today I thought I’d share a, fairly recent, fascination with you all….

Crochet!

I would like to stress at the start though, that I CANNOT crochet, I don’t even own a hook!

However it is something I would LOVE to learn to do.

My initial interest was triggered by seeing the work of this lovely lady…Tab on a Facebook Page.


(the link takes you to her Facebook page through which you can order. As with all things handmade they are labour and time intensive and her order book is currently closed but keep watching )

How delicious are these little fellas????


I think like most crafters I can admire the amount of time and effort that goes into making ‘handmade’ and we all enjoy the process of creating whatever the ‘medium’.

I first came to crafting via cross stitch (although how I can do that when I struggle to sew on a button is mystifying), and I like to dabble with other things but crochet has become my new ‘must learn’.

If you search on You Tube for crochet tutorials there are, quite literally thousands to trawl through but one I found had the videos grouped into a beginners section HERE.

Of course, nothing beats a one to one session with an experienced crafter and my neighbours sister is expert in the art of crochet so I may bug her for a few lessons, or of course,
here in Sugarland both Ali and Erika have the crochet bug so perhaps a girls night with crochet hooks and wine is in order ladies?????

Of course, once you learn to crochet you can make those lovely little crochet flowers to add to your cards...two birds, one stone. lol

I'm curious to know....what is your next 'must learn craft'?

Now, if that has your crafty juices flowing, why don't you dig out some of your Sugar Nellie's and get creating?

If you do, please feel free to show us your creations, either, on our Facebook page and in The Sugar Bowl….as there are fabulous prizes to be won!

Enjoy your weekend!
Luv’n’Hugs
Gayle x




















8 comments:

The Little Stamper said...

I'm with you - crochet is on my to do list too. I love the little animals and also those lacy type tops and tunics that are so much the fashion these days. I also follow Tab and her creations are just fantastic I think! It's thr typical story of so little time....so much to do, but I will get around to it one day!

Sharon x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Not surprised you had loads of entries, so many sugar lovers out there. Loving these little crocheted figures. Must admit crocheting doesn't appeal but I used to do loads of cross stitch too. Have done patchwork and embroidery then I found cardmaking, then scrapbooking. Both of those keep me busy. I have a lifetime of photos to make layouts for.

Shazza said...

believe it or not mine is to learn to CROCHET. I adore Tab's work. I did recently crochet a scarf following a you-tube video. It wasn't perfect but it's a start x

marion said...

owww they are so cute !! love them, just started crochet too and it's a new addiction hehe, hugs, Marion

Elaine said...

I wish I could crochet :(
Tab's designs are stunning...I love them! (and I was lucky enough to get my order in, so later this month I shall be getting my mitts on some meeces and wabbits)

~elaine xxx

Fiona said...

oh wow...these are cute!! I used to be able to crochet....but wouldn't know where to start now!!

Fi
x

Olivia said...

So sweet. I have always wanted to learn quilts and ceramics. Still have not gotten around to it but maybe someday

SaraJ said...

Have a look at Artuc 24. Lucy uses fantastic colour in her crochet and gives step by step pictorials. Literally for each stitch. Have fun! I'm quite addicted now! :)